Week 5 Blog

 Week 5 Blog

So far I have a pretty good start on my script and story map. I am finalizing my story board this week. I am waiting to receive feedback to make sure I am on the right page before moving forward. My plan for this week is to finalize the Story Planning Assignment and then spend next week and Thanksgiving week creating my story. Do the recordings, find the pictures, and the narration for it. The biggest thing I need assistance with is figuring out the media for what I am going to do. I would love to do a podcast because then I would not need to have images. However, adding images and video will push my technology wise to learn more and how to do it. 

The resources this week helped me figure out free resources I can use to create the digital story. In my current role, our building has some room for growth when it comes to technology use, so I was struggling on where to go and what to do for this aspect of the project. "Top 30 tools..." gave me a lot of comfort in this area and made me realize some resources I can use in my classroom to increase my students use of technology (Kapular, D., 2018). 

The audience of my story is first time home buyers and especially people who are the first in their family to do it. Anyone who feels overwhelmed or confused on the process can be impacted by it. I want people to know they are not alone in those feelings and in the end it will be worth it. Any time you can hear from people they have been where you are and understand the feelings you have, makes you feel less alone and that you can succeed. 

As I create this story I have really gained an insight on all the tools there are available to use and how many different types of stories there are. It has been great to read other people's plans and see how they are going to communicate their information. Another skill I have gained is being able to put into words how I am feeling in a way others can understand. It has been great practice for me to be able to name my emotions and work on my storytelling.

Students can be impacted by engaging in digital storytelling by allowing them to be creative. In this process they get the freedom to communicate a story that is important to them and share it how they want. Often times students do not get this creative opportunity at school, and it could be a good way for them to learn more about themselves. My students could also really gain from acquiring more technology skills which will help them for after high school. My role can be to assist the students as they go and share my story with them. This will let them know that I am learning alongside them and have done a similar project. 






Kapular, D. (September 7, 2018). Top 30 tools and apps for digital storytelling. Tech & Learning.  Retrieved from: https://www.techlearning.com/tl-advisor-blog/30-sites-and-apps-for-digital-storytellingLinks to an external site.

Comments

  1. Claire, Looks like you have a great plan to complete your story. You are creating an important story to help people with a big purchase like a home. This will be a great example for your students to create their own stories. All the best, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment